- Stop the Workgroup Share, SMTP, and IIS Services. If you have the IMail with the Maintenance Service, it will need to be stopped as well.
- Make a backup of your WorkgroupShare database file. This is usually C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ipswitch\Collaboration Suite\Workgropshare\Data\workgroupshare.mdb
- Open the Data Sources applet in Control Panel (under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel) and select the System DSN tab. ***Note: if you're using a x64 operating system you will need to navigate to the 32-bit version of the data source manager. This is located in C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64 and the filename is odbcad32.exe.***
- Now click on the Workgroupshare data source and click configure. Check the path on the Configure screen points to the file you have backed up. If not ensure this file is backed up before you continue.
- Now click the Repair button. The default file name should be the same as the original file, click Ok to accept this. Once complete a message is displayed to confirm the repair has completed.
- Now click on Compact. The default file to compact from should be the same file name you have just repaired. Click on Ok to continue. Also select the same file to compact into and make sure the format is set to Version 4.X (this defaults to 3.X so you must change it to 4.X) and click OK. Click Yes to replace the file and wait for the compact process to complete.
- You will need to reset the permissions on the database! Right click the Workgroupshare.mdb file and select properties. Click the Security tab and then the Advanced button. Place a check in the box for allow inherent permissions form Parent directory.
- Close the Configure dialog and the Control Panel and restart the server programs that were stopped earlier.