To use an external SQL Server for WorkgroupShare follow the instructions below.
4. Once you are on this screen make sure that the "With Windows NT authentication using the network login ID." is checked.
5. In the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) on the remote server that SQL is installed on, you must create a login account named "DomainName\IMailServerName$" (Where "DomainName" is name of the AD domain, and the IMailServerName$ is the Name of the Windows Server that IMail is installed on and the "$" must be on the end because that specifies any Windows account from that server name.)
- Ensure both the IMail server and the Microsoft SQL server are both members of the same AD domain enviroment.
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit). For 64-bit servers (2008 & 2012) browse to the c:\windows\syswow64\ to open the Data Source Administrator. Once you have it open highlight the "WorkgroupShare" DSN and click "Configure".
6. Once the account is created go into the Properties for the user you created and grant the user Data-Reader, Data-Writer, and Owner permissions on the WorkgroupShare database. Once complete click "Apply" and close.
Once that is complete you can verify users are able to login to webmail and access their Contacts, Calenders, Tasks & Notes.